History

The Catholic Foundation of the Archdiocese of New Orleans was incorporated in 1976 as a public, non profit, publicly supported philanthropic institution with the purpose of creating a solid financial future for all activities of the local church. It serves as a means for the Catholic community to strategically give of their blessings to church parishes, schools, organizations and causes important to themselves and their families. The Foundation is composed of permanent funds established by many separate donors for the long term, diverse charitable benefit of the Archdiocese of New Orleans. 

The income from these funds is used for tuition assistance at Catholic elementary and secondary schools, operational and/or general support for specific parishes, scholarship funds, the support of Archdiocesan special programs, or support for Notre Dame Seminary, St. Joseph Seminary or another Catholic University.

The Catholic Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors made up of men and women from throughout the Archdiocese of New Orleans.

The Catholic Foundation
1000 Howard Ave., Suite 800 | New Orleans, LA 70113-1903
Telephone: 504-596-3045 | Fax: 504-596-3068
Email: rmenard@archdiocese-no.org


 

 

Web site by: New Orleans Web Design